Fork Lift Rental Services
A forklift is an industrial vehicle that has a power-operated platform at the front. It has a fork that can be raised/lowered and inserted underneath a cargo for lifting and moving purposes. Forklifts can be powered by combustion engines or electrical batteries.
There are forklift varieties that allow operators to sit when driving the vehicle, while there are others that require the driver to stand (standup forklifts). Forklifts are generally used in the transportation of goods and materials.
A forklift is made of several component parts that work together to lift, move, and store heavier or bulkier loads efficiently:
- Truck frame – The truck frame makes up the base of the forklift. The truck frame holds the rest of the key parts of the vehicle together, including the wheels, mast, and counterweight.
- Counterweight – This component aims to counter-balance the weight that the vehicle lifts. The counterweight is made of cast iron and is attached to the rear of the forklift.
- Power source – Consisting of a built-in combustion engine, the power source of the forklift can be fueled with diesel, LPG, natural gas, and CNG. Electric-powered forklifts get their power from lead-acid batteries.
- Carriage – Serving as the forklift’s base, the carriage is attached to the mast rails for ease of moving upward and downward.
- Mast – The mast is responsible for lifting and lowering the load. It also has interlocking rails to allow for horizontal controls. The mast can be installed with rollers.
Our Related Fork Lift Equipment Images
Share Your Product With Us: